Thursday, March 28, 2013

reading in bed

Toto is sick. I have no idea where because he told me in Swahili and it is a part of the body that I have not learned yet.

Today it has been really rainy. All the boys were playing in the dorms. I went to join them all. He was laying in his bed. I went and asked him what was going on. Blah. Blah. Blah. I found out that he was sick. He was laying there in tears. You know he just wanted to feel well and play with the other boys.

Light bulb.

"Hey Toto! You want me to read you a book?"
"Yes!"

I walked to my house and grabbed the only chapter book we have. I came back to the dorm. I asked him to scoot over. There it was. Toto and I laid in his bed and I read him 5 chapters of this book. I would get to the end of a chapter and ask him to continue or stop. He would always say continue. My voice was getting raspy and so I let him play games on my phone instead after the 5th chapter.

I love moments like these.
I love one on one time with these boys.

I told him we would continue tomorrow. He seems really excited about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment