Tuesday, March 12, 2013

kelvin gachia

I really want to do a post about each of the boys at the center. I know you are wanting to hear about Ethiopia but we are currently having camera problems. That post will come later. 

Gachia is such a cute boy. There are boys that get annoying and boys that you wish came around more often. He is a boy that you wish came around more often. 

He is in class one. His age? No one knows. He is incredible at doing tire flips, stone flips, back flips and basically any flips. Because of his mad flip skills the older boys have totally accepted and include him in anything. 

He has the cutest laugh and tries his hardest to speak to me in all the English he knows. When his English skills fail he switches to Swahili that he knows I understand. I love that. 

He has a lot of scars on his face from his former life. 

I have an extremely better picture but with our camera issues... I can't use it right now. 

He is honestly such a joy. 
Today he taught me how to walk on a old cement planter cylinder and he always encourages me to keep up my cartwheeling. He is a part of my cheering section.
 Everyone loves Gachia... including me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment