Tuesday, February 14, 2012

rafiki

You know when you go to a YSA dance and all these lush brothers have all the swag in the world and you feel like your life is complete. Then the next day you find yourself at church and you realize that all those lush swagger filled brothers are in your ward? 
Yup. It happened to me. 

Basically, church is great. I love my ward even more then I did before. I did not even know that was possible. 
After church our friend Kevin asked us to go to linner at his place. This has to be the 548222 time he asked and so we finally gave in and said yes. Why the heck did we not go before?!
It was so great. 
Our new rafiki Jacob taught us how to make chapatis. 
It was so wonderful. Jacob is my new BFF. I swear. He is every girl's best friend.

After linner, all the neighborhood kids sensed that there were mzungos in the neighborhood and were waiting for us outside our door. Kaleigh and I greeted them all and took pictures with them.

After that we had to meet up with the missionaries for a discussion. It went really well. He is getting baptized next weekend. Again with the neighborhood kids... they sensed the mzungos and were hoovering outside the door. 

You know as we were walking out of the neighborhood we ran into another girl who is investigating the church. I guess the combination of Kaleigh and I with Elder Utah is kind of hard to miss. 
It was such a wonderful day. I loved it so much. Kevin and Jacob are such fun people. Both of them are totally mission bound. They will be my rafikis for life. 

2 comments:

  1. yeah! you are the best Rafikis we love you very much.hope you will be able to come back ten times to teach swahili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo..... great friends ever who enjoy learning swahili,I already missed these great days together.may God bless you with good life always.

    kevin.

    ReplyDelete