Thursday, February 2, 2012

8000 shillings.

I have an idea. 
I was wondering if anyone was interested. 
The church asks Kenyan missionaries to pay 8,000 shillings for the 2 years.
A lot of them cannot afford it and have the desire to go. 
It is a little over $95.00 American. 
There are 20 missionaries going out from our ward this year. 
When the missionaries cannot pay for themselves then it is taken out of the ward budget. 
Their budget is already wicked low and paying for all this missionaries means no ward activities. 
What I am asking is any interested in sponsoring a missionary?


How cool would it be if you paid for one of these missions and they were sent to your area?
Epic.

4 comments:

  1. I like this. Let me talk to Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! as soon as i'm not super poor, you have my word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan -- how do we get you the money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how you do it. Because it would just be unrealistic for you to send the money directly here... send it to my mom.

    Make out the check to Moana Butler.
    Mail it to
    3554 Olsen Drive
    San Jose CA 95117
    She will put it in my account and then I can hand it to the bishop the next Sunday.

    Thanks for those who want to help!

    ReplyDelete