Monday, February 6, 2012

jackie chan fighting session

When I got to Kenya I wanted everything to be the same again. I knew it was going to be way different but I wanted the majority of it to continue on like before. The first step was to get over that Allynne wasn't here. That was really difficult.Time passed and I was totally fine being here and loving it again. 

The first time I was here, I had this boy that was my favorite boy that was not sponsored and was just here at the center 24-7 for my loving. We were attached at the hip and I just could not get enough of him. He isn't one of the boys that wants attention. He is so independent it is ridiculous but I broke that barrier. 

This time I was hoping that he would just glue himself right back to my hip but it hasn't happened. 

A month later I have had a break through. 
Somewhere today during our Jackie Chan fighting session. I knew he wanted to be attached at the hip again just as much as I do. I was most likely at the point where we were throwing each other's shoes out the window. He would run outside to get his shoes and then bring me back mine too. Then the game would begin again. It was wonderful. 

He is comfortable again. 
He comes up and talks to me.
 He asks for lollipops. 
He teaches me Swahili. 
(word of the day: tena means again)
He punches me. 
He is so great. 

 Last year. 

This year.
Reunited and it feels so good.

Ednation "Eddie" Opondo... you are a boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment