Saturday, February 4, 2012

certified.

The other day walking home from church Kaleigh and I saw a guy lying on the ground because he just got hit by a matatu. He was obviously in pain and everyone was just standing around him. Kaleigh and I just casually walked by as if nothing happen. What are two white girls going to do?

Today in Nairobi we were switching matatus and there was a man on the ground leaning on a matatu. He looked like he was pain and then it was obvious that he was in pain when he leaned over and started to cough out lots of blood. What the heck? I only see this kind of isha on Greys Anatomy or House. Again, Kaleigh and I just casually walked by as if nothing was happening.

Megan, you need a reality check. 
Not only are you CPR certified but you are first aid certified. 
You have those fancy cards in your wallet. The whole deal. 
What the heck am I doing casually walking by?!

I, Megan Butler, do vow that the next person who is in need of my First Aid skills will be treated like a prince or princess. No longer am I going to casually going to walk by.

All day long I have been thinking about it and in the end I decided... 
What would Jesus do?

1 comment:

  1. Go Megan Go. Changing lives one day at a time. Just watch out for those bodily fluids. :D

    ReplyDelete