Thursday, April 11, 2013

the end is in sight

We are in our last few days in Kenya. It doesn't feel real. I can count the days on one hand.

I sit with the boys and play with them. I think to myself:
"When in my life will I have another opportunity to have a bunch of orphan boys play with my hair?"
"When will I ever experience beautiful skies like this again?"
"I am so lucky to be a part of this child's life."
"I need to take in this moment."
"I am going to miss this so much."
"I am so blessed."
"When will I come back? I need to come back."

Mostly I always think about how I am so grateful for this experience. I still don't really know why I came to Kenya this year. That is honest.

Like I always say... I love Kenya. More then ever.

Every year I become more and more like a local and people tell me that all the time.
I just need to up and move here because going home always feels like it is going to kill me.

Life in Kenya is normal.
This is home.
Home is where your heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment