Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Infected.

The disease of whatever is spreading. 
for real. 

Yesterday I sat with the boys in the nurse's office.
One by one 23 boys filed through. 
Coughing, hacking, vomiting, diarrhea, and the works.

Poor boys. 

Today I went to 2 hospitals.
I felt like I was in one of those Africa documentarys. 
These hospitals were legit Kenyan Hospitals. 

The first hospital took some tests on Micheal and told him that his problem was too big. 
He had blood in the extremely runny stools. 
We went to the second hospital. 
They checked him into the pediatrics. 

I was standing there as they put in his IV drip thing and took a blood test. 
I didn't eat in the morning. 
It was 3:00 pm. 
I usually do fine with needles and stuff. 
I was struggling. 

The mix between it being one of my favorite boys and the lack of food. 
I was about to faint. 
My head was spinning. 
My feet felt like 1 ton each. 
I stepped outside the room like a drunkard and sat. 

That is when the most precious little girl hit the glass.
"MUZUNGO!"
I went and visited her. 
Then I proceeded to visit every child in the pediatrics. 
They were so precious. 

I know what I am going to do with the blankets my aunt gave me. 
The kids in the hospital.
Perfection. 

To end the night.
1st: Kaleigh vomited everything she has eaten that last few days into the trusty squatter.
2nd: I ready the boys their bedtime stories. 
I love reading to them. 
I am so glad I brought a plethora of books.
Oh and if Kaleigh isn't better in the morning... we are going to the white washed hospital. 
Don't you worry mom. I am taking care of her too. I cleaned up her vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment