Friday, January 6, 2012

Five times.

Kaleigh and I ventured back to the hospital today.
In the morning Micheal was doing great.
We played Old Maid and he loved it.
Sometime during this period his IV thing fell out.
He got sleepy and went to sleep for a little while.

This is when Kaleigh and I made a break away for a bit and went to town.
We visited our white friends in Thika.
They are seriously so great.
I am so thankful for them.

After their house we went to lunch and then back to the hospital.
This time he wasn't doing as great.
I got there just in time for them to be putting his IV back in.
Mama told me to go into the room to comfort him.
I went in and grabbed his hand.
They had the needle in at this point and they were digging around for a vain.
They didn't find it.

They pulled out the needle.
The doctors went to get a new needle.
This is when Micheal showed me that this was the 4th hole they had made.
Four. Count them. Four.
And they were not done because the needle was not in.

I was getting all sorts of mama bear protective.
If they did not get it right this next time I was going to go all kung foo or something.
They went in for the kill.
I felt like the needle was ten feet long because they just kept pushing it in.
The more they pushed the more I couldn't hold back the tears.
Thank heavens it got to a vain.

Micheal was just sitting there totally helpless.
Blood was gushing out of the IV needle because they did not have the cap on it.
He was bleeding all over the place.
The doctor was more worried about the blood getting on her then the fact he was gushing blood.
Ummmm.... HELLO. My child is Old Faithful right now.
And I am Niagara.
But eventually, it all got cleaned up.

I can't handle watching Micheal in pain.
I can't handle these Kenyan doctors.
I really miss western medicine. (Sorry I dogged on you so much, Kaiser.)
I can't handle this.
But I will because I have to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment