Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day seven.


Everyone is feeling good. We get breakfast at the hotel. Our first stop is Victoria Falls that morning. We gather our things we think we will need and head out. At this point I am pretty sure I told at least Oscar to bring a jacket. There are no problems getting there and in the gate. We start walking towards the falls and it is soaking wet. I had my rain jacket. Oscar left his in the car. Mom and dad... My bad. We press on. We all get soaked. It was so fun! Victoria really out did herself. We walk up and around and down. We took lots of pictures. We walked over to the top of the falls. It is crazy! Last time I was here, I could walk across the top. Now, the falls is gushing water. 



Next was to walk to the bottom. Oscar, dad and I were going along when we came to large baboons in the road. Oscar left us and after sometime, dad and I passed it. We hiked down to the boiling point. It is beautiful. It is mostly straight up and down. Coming back up is a little rough. Dad and mom did some shopping and I bargained for the items.  We go back to the hotel. Dad really wants to go ultra-lighting with Oscar. They book it the second we reached and have less than an hour before they headed out. 


Mom and I are just hungry. The hotel's restaurant is closed. The desk says we should go to Zambezi Cafe. They book a taxi for us and we go. The desk was right. The Cafe was SO good. Mom and I might have ordered dessert multiple times. The boys finished their adventure and met us at the CafĂ©. They came in beaming. They both had an incredible time. They saw elephants, giraffes and the whole bit from the sky. Oscar even got the chance to fly the ultra-light. The boys ordered the largest plate of meat I have ever seen and swallowed most of it. The night had come and we are tired. Earlier in the day we had planned the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment