Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Day one.

They all came on the same day. Oscar was just a few hours before mom and dad. The night before I slept at, my friend, Moses' house with his wife's family. We know each other from Kenya. Moses and Simon (A Zambian who served his mission in Kenya. I also met in Kenya.) helped me get the rental car squared away and then we were off on our adventure. Because the car stuff took so long, it was time to pick up Oscar. We drove to the airport and waited. 


It looked like 8362 flights landed at the same time in that small airport. As I was waiting, I heard, "IWE!" There is Ba Leah also picking up her sister. Perfect timing. Oscar went through the locals visa line. Leah's sister did the honest thing and went through the visitor's line but it just took a little longer. Now the 6 of us jumped into the car and headed back. We dropped off Leah and Cara at their stay and then slowly Moses and Simon were also dropped off. 


Adam met us at the hotel. We got Indian food and brought it back with us. We thought it would be a good idea to go swimming. Little did we know that we'd have to push ice blocks out of our way to do so. It was so cold. Oscar lasted maybe 3 minutes in water. I guess that is just what we needed to wake us up to pick mom and dad up after midnight. We got to the airport in record timing. 



There is mom and dad in Africa with 6+ bags. This is a site that I never thought I would ever see. Two American tourists that belong to me. Now it is the weeee early morning hours. Mom & dad are excited to show me the bras and everything else in the suitcases. We rumaged through the bags at the hotel and all crashed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment