Thursday, May 3, 2012

whole flipping life

I went to the doctor yesterday.
If you have been a faithful blog stalker then you already know that I have this lovely problem with my tosh.
I just went in to tell them it was acting up again and see what are the next meds I need to start taking or who I need to be referred to.

This is like my 9th time going to the doctor for the same reason.
Maybe it is like the 6th doctor that I have talked to about it.
This is nothing new to me.

But this time I was hit with the reality of it all.
I have no idea why I never asked this before:

I asked, "So, am I going to have to deal with this the rest of my life?"
The doctor, "Yes. This is something you will always struggle with."

Forever.
My whole flipping life.
Fabulous.

The way to make it so I am not in pain everyday is to change my diet.
I have gone through all my food.
I gave away a bunch of it.
No more dairy. Little meat.
Junk food? No sir. (maybe every once and awhile) 

It basically feels like I get to be a super relaxed vegan.
My diet is now all high fiber goods, tons of fruits, veggies, flax seed galore and whole wheat.

I am trying my hardest. I realize it is the first week but I am trying.
Already I am noticing a difference.
I wasn't in pain at all today. That is such a blessing.

Cheers to the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment