Tuesday, May 1, 2012

last night

After we goodbye to the boys we went to Nairobi. John and Babu took us to the hotel we were staying it our last night. It reminded me so much of New Zealand and the places that we stay when we are there. After we got settled there with our bags in the rooms, John drove us into the city and dropped us. Kaleigh and I got in some good retail therapy at Mr. Price. That store was incredible. I got two dresses and one skirt. We went shopping while waiting for the boys to meet up with us. 
They finally showed up and we went to the Giraffe Center. Kaleigh wanted to go there so bad. It was a super chill trip. We had a great time just being together. 
Giraffes are such amazing animals. You have to see one in person... super up close. I swear I can stare at them for hours. The park closed and we needed to head back into town. We went to Tusky's to get treats. The boys were so hesitant to grab things. We encouraged them to get whatever they have ever wanted to try. Oscar went for pringles and Gabby wanted a doughnut. I forgot what the other boys got but it was funny to see their choices. We also got pizza and headed back to the hotel.
We played truth or dare. These next few pictures are of that. Brian hates sour and I made him eat a huge pack of sour gum. I thought that he was going to die or something from the facial expressions that he was making. 
Oscar got dared to lick my forehead. It was the weirdest feeling ever. Poor boy most likely got 5 diseases from it because I hadn't showered in a few days and sweated a lot. 
He also got dared to do a flip on the trampoline. This is no big deal for him because he did acrobatics many years. The trampoline made it easier for him. 

We were super loud all night long. Well, the boys were so loud. They got talked to about it a bunch of times.     We stayed up until 2 or 3 before Kaleigh and I went to bed. It was just one of those things... the sooner that we went to bed the sooner that our time in Kenya was over. The boys said that they didn't sleep at all.

To say the least we were so tried and way emotional in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment