Thursday, April 26, 2012

unbelievable

Kaleigh and I got asked to go visit her ex-boyfriend, Ben. We had a hard time finding a matatu to get there but we finally did. It felt like it took forever to get there with all the stops and normal matatu things. 

As soon as we got there we met up with Ben on the street and he took us to the field. We did a few stretches and got going on baseball drills. 

All the kids we were playing with were from the street. They were so dang cute. I was amazed at how great they were. No one in Kenya knows how to play baseball and these kids were kicking my trash. I was an awful pitcher but not bad at batting. 

After hanging out a bit and finding a good toilet to use we decided to go to the river. Kaleigh and I thought that it would be a little hike. It was a massive hike. We seriously walked straight up and down hills. I swear I was climbing Mount Kenya. Oh of course I had a handmade drum lashed to my back that Ben created in his free time. 

Once we got to the river that was not good enough. They wanted to walk through the jungle I swear that Tarzan was rendered after. It was incredible. We found a nice spot in that jungle next to the river and plopped ourselves down to rest a bit. Here Kaleigh and I were with 3 rastafarian men. 
Unreal. 

Next order of business was to cross the river. Naturally there were men bathing in the river. We crossed on this pipe while ducking under this metal stuff. Kaleigh was totally freaking out the whole time. I thought it was so funny. 

Then they had us walk down the road a bit. We ran into the kids who we played baseball with playing in the river. We got to a waterfall. It was so beautiful. I loved feeling the mist on my face. 

This is our friend Ben. 
After all was said and done we walked on back home and jumped onto a matatu after we seriously hiked the most intense hill I have ever encountered in my life. Kaleigh looked like she died. 

And that was our day.
It was totally unbelievable. 
I loved every second of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment