Sunday, April 29, 2012

dull knife

We got invited to a wedding. It was more like we got commanded to go to this wedding. 
We got there super early. I got roped into helping make the food. I cut all the zucchinis and then I got the lucky job of cutting the carrots. The knife was so dull that it was hard enough to cut the zucchini let alone try to man handle these carrots that were as thick as my wrist. In the end I finished what I said I would finish and had pretty bruised up finger. It hurt for days after. 
They decorated the chapel all pretty like. The wedding was about 3 hours long. I think. It was super long. They had opening prayers and songs. Then after that there were talks about marriage. It was so hard to sit through all of it. 
After there was eating and dancing in the back. Kenyan weddings are so much different then American weddings. 
I mostly just hung out with the missionaries. They are kind of my crew. I love these boys so much. I also helped wash all the dishes. I felt like I was back in New Zealand at a family reunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment