Sunday, April 29, 2012

alien

Kaleigh and I had been in Kenya 90 days and our visas needed to be renewed. It went so fast. We went to the Immigration Department in Nairobi. Most of the whole process went fast and nearly effortless. The worst part was just waiting to get finger printed. We sat and waited for about an hour for them to call our names. It was a long wait. 
After becoming legal in Kenya again we told Oscar we would go visit him at work. I thought this would be an easy task. It was... kind of. 
We first had to walk to the other side of town to find the bus we needed to get on. He made us walk to the freaking ghetto. We got directions of how to get there from some random girls on the street and they told us to not talk to anyone when we got over there. Hello, red flag. We got closer and closer but were still not 100% sure where we were going. Luckily I got a phone call as we were walking. It was Oscar's boss. She spied Kaleigh and I walking through town. She met up with us and directed us to the bus we needed. We got on the bus and everything was fine after that except the ride was way longer then I thought it was going to be. 
We brought fake snow to show the boys. They have never seen snow before. They loved it. Kaleigh and I are basically the coolest for even having fake snow. 
Before the end of the time I was there my hair was getting braided. This always happened to me. There is just something about my hair that attracts people. The girls at the orphanage loved to make sure I came out of there with at least 20 tiny braids in my hair. I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment