Monday, June 7, 2010

Lawn Care

Before 
After 
For 5 hours on Saturday we tamed this beast. Aunt Tammy called me and needed some help out on one of the properties that she owns and so Addie, Bailey, Jeff and I stepped up to the plate.
Addie's job was weed kill. She first started with a spray bottle going one by one but that bottle lasted less than 10 minutes before she had to go back to the store and buy Weed and Feed. One of the really kind neighbors saw her trying to spread it by hand and lent her a weed kill spreader. 
Jeff was so needed and appreciated. His job was mostly the side yards and tree/bush trimming.
Bailey maned the shovel. She and I were a team of pulling weeds.
After Bailey loosened the dirt I would pull out the weeds that would come up in clumps. What do you do with these clumps? Shake the crap out of them or beat them to death. It is your choice.
Jeff is amazing and turned this bush into a tree. It was a tree all along but I had no clue. He was the only one that saw the full potential. 
This is what it looked like without tons of weeds. We got rid of most of the weeds and then just sprayed everything down with weed killer. I think that we will come back in a few weeks and check up on our masterpiece. 
We were so tried after working for 5 hours. I got a sunburn on my arms. To treat ourselves we went out to taco bus after we were done and it was seriously SO yummy.
I wish you could add smells to a blog because I have never smelt so bad in my life. Bailey and I were just sitting there and the mixture of our body oder was like human feces, smashed roadkill, baby barf and toe fungus. The dirt stained our hands too. We were just plain nasty that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment