Sunday, June 20, 2010

Free Falling from 30 Feet

For FHE one night the ward reserved the ropes course. Because of some of my rec classes I have already climbed the tower but they have never opened the swing for us. This was my lucky day.
Sonya and I got harnessed up. She dared the climb the tower and I man handled the swing. 
I might look like I wasn't freaking out but I was. I am surprised that I did not crap my pants or something.
To start you climb to the top of the ladder and this kind gentleman clips 3 or 5 different things to your harness. After he finishes that which takes less than a minute he hands you a rope that is folded over and tells you when you reach the top that you let go of that and then you will fly. 
WHAT THE CRAP?!
I am supposed to let go of it myself!! 
True story.
I get hoisted up and because I freakin' know myself so well I let go of that rope puppy as soon as possible. If I would have sat and thought about it nothing would have happened. 
I let the rope slip from my safe fingers and began to fly through the air. Not a peep left my lips. I was so scared I couldn't make a noise. The people below me were so impressed and said that I was a "rock." If they only knew what was happening on the inside of me. 
After the initial shock things are better and it is just like a humongous swing. 
This experience defiantly freaked me out but I loved it! I live for trying new things like this and the rush is so great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment