Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Root Canal

My teeth have been hurting again. I swear each time it gets worse.
I swear every dentist, orthodontist or endodontist knows me in the greater Madison county area. For real.

Today I woke up like any other normal day.
I felt like death warmed over but not because my teeth hurt but for other reasons.
I went to class and death left me but the pain kicked in.
I made it the whole class without leaving.

The second I step inside the door of my apartment it is like someone stuck an ice cube on my tooth and was stabbing it with a knife too. It was quite the harmony of feelings. I could not handle it anymore.

I called my endodontist and he told me to come right now.
That is what I did once I found a way to get there. (bless Jenn's soul)
I got there. I peed.
They took me in.

They offered me 3 different ipod choices: country, classical or today's hits.
You know which one I choose.
I popped on the head phones, they put on sunglasses on me and went to work.
It took less then 15 minutes and only 2 shots. If you know me... I don't numb easy.
I was done.

The glasses came off.
They took the ipod back.
It was done.

They still don't know if that tooth was the cause for all my pain but they are hoping that it is.
I am hoping that it is.
My parents are hoping that it is.
What is done is done.
No reversing that isha.

So now I have two appointments set up on Friday.
One with my dentist: Dr. Allen to make sure everything is up to par and to change the filling.
One with my orthodontist: Dr. Baker to change my retainer up top because they had to break it. It was in the way.
They worry about me a lot.
No joke.

 I was playing games tonight with my friends when I got a call from a 208 number. 208 is Idaho's area code. I thought it was going to be someone in the bishopric or the school. Nope, it was Dr. Mortensen, my endodontist. He just wanted to make sure I was doing okay and that I had his cell phone number if I needed to call him in the middle of the night.

How presh is that?
It is so Idaho of him.

So I have 3 of Idaho's finest teeth men looking after me... watching my every chew.
There is something comforting about that.

PS I am doing way better so far. We will have to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. here's hoping for a better tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally had to have a root canal shortly after getting my braces off. My Idaho dentist was superb.

    ReplyDelete