Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hiking

After the fireside on Sunday, Melody came up to Kaleigh, Hannah and I to ask us to go on a hike with her and some of the other people in the ward.


We raced up the mountain to reach the place we would hike from in hopes to see the sunset on the city. The hike was about a mile and a half. As soon as the cars were parked people started to dash down the pathway. We made it just in time. Above is the view we saw at the top.


Since Kaleigh and I were not expecting this random hike we were still in church clothes. Luckily, I changed into my uggs and we both had put leggings on. The rest of the group climbed up the rocks and watched the sunset from there and we climbed around the left side towards the front.


The trail we wanted to go on was closed and we had to jump over or squeeze through the gate. It was super fun. I loved that the whole thing was so random.

On the way up and the way home we were praying that the car would not run out of gas. For some reason it looked like the little arrow didn't even move. Blessed? Yes.

I love my YSA ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment