Saturday, September 26, 2015

ameshi

Water is a huge issue here in my village. I feel like I have said that many times now. If you remember this time last year, I made a heartfelt vow on Facebook to bring water to the people of my village after they gave me 40 liters of their precious saved up rain water. 

The ball is rolling. 

Last week I wrote 1/2 of my grant to build 5 new mono-pumps and to repair 5 mono-pumps. It was a lot of short essays but clean water is worth every short essay. I got kind of stumped on the second half of the grant and so I called in the big guns. 

Last night I had a meeting with all the head men and chief advisers on the subject. It was awesome. I have really lucked out in my community. These men are so willing to do whatever it takes to get these pumps in the ground. We made the budget, timeline, goals, objectives and everything together. When we got to the budget, the headmen were willing to donate the cement and river sand to build the mono-pumps. I reassured them the company will be providing that. They are just so willing. 

This next week while I am in Lusaka for my Mid-Terms Conference, I am going to finish writing the grant. I am so excited to have it done. The rumor is: It takes two weeks after completing a grant before people can start donating to it. Keep your eye out!

The goal is to have 11 mono-pumps up and running before the end of this year! I cannot wait! 

On September 14, I get to meet all the people who are going to be trained. (Kaleigh and Cassidy will be here and also get to meet them.) They are taking us on a village tour to see the 5 new places the mono-pumps are going to be built and the 5 mono-pumps we are going to be fixing. 

This dream is becoming a reality. I am so happy to help. I will keep you all updated. 

1 comment:

  1. So proud and happy. What a great thing to see people you love be blessed.

    ReplyDelete