Wednesday, September 2, 2015

one hundred and eighty bears

Right before I left for Tanzania I went to the post office and there were 4 HUGE boxes waiting for me. The bears I had requested from The Mother Bear project had came! I was so excited but just how am I going to get these boxes back? No worries. I managed with the help of 2 grade 9 pupils.


It was flawless. The next day after communicating with the teachers and head teacher about the program the bears were distributed to all the grade 1 and 2 pupils. They cheered when I walked into the classrooms. The little kiddos were so excited. The teachers helped me pass them out, one by one. We would give and bear and then have them stop for a picture. Every child with every bear. 


The lovely people who make the bears want to see directly which child the bear goes to. It is such an awesome idea. A bear is something that will love you unconditionally no matter what. We explained it to the kids and they were loving all over their new babies. 


Casey came somewhere at the end of grade one and was great help when we were distributing in grade 2. Just look at their happy faces. It went so well. I got all the bears given out. People in the market were so happy and telling me what a good job that I did. I also got the flip-side. I got people asking me why I forgot their child. As soon as I explained that I was only giving to grade 1 and 2, they understood. It was more simple than I thought it would have been. 

I left for Tanzania the next day. We all know what happened there. 
I lost all the pictures.What you see is all I have left.
Hopefully I can round up the kids again and try round 2 of pictures.

Check out all the good The Mother Bear Project is doing here: http://www.motherbearproject.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment