Wednesday, September 2, 2015

grade eight

My 95 babies have become quite stinkers. Towards the end of the semester it seemed like they did not want to listen to anymore. I also did not want to teach them anymore. It got really frustrating. I taught them baseball earlier in the semester with my friend, Rob. 

As a class we made a new rule: 3 strikes and you are out. 

If I write your name on the board and you have 2 strikes after you have to go out. 
If I write my name and 2 strikes, I leave. Teach yourselves.

We always got close but never to the 3rd strike. They were awful. 

When I tested them at the end of the term, I tested them on exactly what I taught them. They had all the notes in their exercise books. They should have had no difficulties at all, if they studied.

But, they were stumped. It was awesome. It was my silent lesson to tell them they need to stop making noise so that they can learn. 

My pupils who are quite did so well and the noise makers... not so well. The pupils looked at me and the look. They knew what they did wrong. 

I have hope for the next term. 
Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment