Sunday, March 30, 2014

falling in love

I went back to the place where I fell in love with Kenya. It seems like every patch of grass, mound of dirt and tree has a memory. 

This is where I saw Musa's head sliced open for the first time. 
This is where I super glued Francis's foot to his shoe. 
This is where I was taught how to do a somersault and a cartwheel.  

This is where I knew my life had been changed. 

Oprah arranged for us to come. Last time we were in Kenya the manager at TCRC (Thika) told us she has been looking for a new home for some of the boys. Naturally I thought of Eternal Hope (where we are now). We set up the arrangements and now three of our favorite boys are going to have a new safer and loving home soon. 

There has been a lot of complications with paper work and the process is long and complicated but soon the boys will be changing homes.

Oprah called TCRC and said she wanted to visit the boys. Tony drove us. We got there and it was like a flood gate of memories hit. 

The boys were in school and so we went into the kitchen to set up the snacks and food we brought for the boys to munch on. As soon as the bell released them from school a flood of my favorite people in the world rushed into Kaleigh and my arms. It was like out of a movie. One boy after another jumped into my arms. I could have died. I was so happy. 

It was one of those moments that you wish you could stop time. 


My kids. My heart. 
It was all there.


We fed them. We played with them. We gave them books, toys and games. We took pictures. 





They begged us to not go. 
But as all good things.
It had to come to an end with a resolve to come back. 

I love those boys with all my heart even the annoying ones. 

I cannot wait to see them again. Oh my gosh. I cannot wait. They are perfect. 


The lucky three. 

Can we just take a moment and look at this child? 
Edi Opondo. 
He is my favorite. I know we are not supposed to have favorites but I couldn't help it. 
I would do anything for him. 


You have to agree that he is one lush son of God. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am amazed but what God is doing through you and your servanthood. Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete