Tuesday, March 4, 2014

oh canada


As it is snowing outside and I am waiting for my next flight here in Toronto, Canada, I thought that I would blog. I am going to Turkey next and finally Nairobi getting into country at 3:30 am. Who found these flights anyway? Me.

First of all, it is freaking weird to think that I am going somewhere super hot and it is all snowy outside. I flew in and literally thought to myself that I am not prepared for this but I am only here in snow land for 6 hours.

Okay. Okay. Now to the goods.

I feel like a lot of people are confused. I am not in the Peace Corps yet. I am just taking a little trip to Kenya before I head off for 27 months. I will be back in America in May.

This trip has been a struggle to plan. The orphanage that normally hosts me does not have as open arms as they say. They say that they have "other projects" going on and so they do not want any volunteers right now.

I did some research into that and it sounds like the manager is just lying to me.
After a few days of feeling homeless and SUPER stressed, I found the next best option.

Kaleigh and I will stay at Eternal Hope. It is an orphanage run by an American Mormon family. It is co-ed. That is going to be so weird. Girls are so dang moody. I know I will learn to love these kids so much.

I have gone and visited this orphanage many times. Oscar and Gabby work here. I am going to get to see those two lush men almost every single day now. That will be way different.

As you have also maybe noticed; Kaleigh and I are flying out a week apart.

I am taking this first week to make a trip to Uganda. What am I going to do there? I have no idea. Who do I know there? Not a soul, really. It is just because I purely have this desire to go to Uganda. Seize the day!

And that it is. I will be in America in May and then make my more permanent move to Zambia in June. So, don't freak out if you were not able to give me a proper goodbye.

We still have time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment