Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kenya, Here I Come!

Dear Friends and Family,

            I am going to Africa, more specifically Kenya! During the spring semester here at BYU-Idaho I signed up with Global Volunteer Network to help at a children’s shelter in Africa. Originally the plan was to go to Uganda, then it switched to Ethiopia and now we are sticking to our guns and heading off to the colorful land of Kenya. As most people know there are a lot of homeless children all over Africa. I will be working hand in hand with one of the 14 local children’s shelters. I get to teach, plan and implement activities, help with daily duties and so much more. I am so excited to do this. I will leave the end of December and be home the beginning of April.  I have dreamed about going to Africa since the first time I noticed it was on a world map. I want to serve right now and with braces this is the best way for me to do it. Silly braces.  Now you ask, why is she telling me all of this? Well, the truth is I really need your help. The program fee is $1,997 plus flights – probably another $1500. This is a lot more than I can pull together as a student.  Can you help? Anything helps, even 50 cents gets me that much closer. Forget my birthday and Christmas - help me get to Africa.

Thank you so much.
Megan Butler

3554 Olsen Drive
San Jose CA 95117

No comments:

Post a Comment