Friday, November 19, 2010

From the Field

Mike Garlick is formally known as Elder Garlick. He served with Kev! 

This is the story. Warning: I am a super creep. 

Okay, I knew this kid was coming home soon and he was Kev's first district leader. I have only heard great things about him and I knew he was from Orem. I wanted to meet him. After talking to my cousins who lived in Orem, I learned he was in their stake and just lived a few blocks away. 

Brilliant. 

I talk to them more and further find out that it is his homecoming talk that weekend too! 

Even more brilliant.

So what do I do? 
Show up to his 9:00 AM church. Of course.

KeiLani, bless her soul, came with me. We get to church late. Of course. We found ourselves sitting on the front row of the gym section during sacrament. To make the situation even more awkward then it already was, no one else sat in the gym with us. We're cool. You don't have to tell us. 

The awkwardness continues...

It has come to our attention rather quickly that this is not a mission homecoming. We are defiantly at a fast and testimony meeting. Wow, I am so creepy. There was no bailing out now. We were stuck. Oh crap.

The funniest testimony meeting I have ever sat through concluded and I knew I had to approach this blessed son of god. 

Do I have any tactics or plans for this?
Heck no.

KeiLani and I burst to the end of the row he will be coming down and wait for him. Everyone in the flipping ward has to talk to him. It feels like forever until he reaches us. 

It was now or never. 
He was right there.

"Hi Mike!" 
"Hey?"
"My name is Megan, you served with my best friend."
"Who is your best friend?"
"Elder Forsell"
A huge grin came across his face... "So, you're the best friend?!"
"Yup, I guess so."

After that little bit of convo we found ourselves in the foyer. We talked some more and took that little gem of a picture together. As we were saying our goodbyes he just couldn't resist on asking the question I bet all the missionaries in Dallas are wondering.

"So are you like, in love with Elder Forsell?"
Ummm... 

I am going to leave this blog with you guessing what I said. 
I should have seen that bombshell coming. 

1 comment: