Sunday, January 6, 2013

once you go black

you never go back.
I can testify to that.

This is the blog post a lot of people have been waiting for:
We went to church today. (hold on I will tell you why that is important) It was great. The poor elders were so confused why everyone in the ward knew us except for them. Their loss. Everyone that walked in the door gave us huge hugs and were so excited to see us. The elders are never ever greeted in this fashion. I was so so so dang happy to be there. I could have exploded.

Then came the moment we are all waiting for... a certain brother walked in the gates of the church yard with his family. He had on his Euro cut black slacks, fresh white button down shirt and a skinny tie. The swag was on. Game time.

I greeted all his family and friends and then him. (this is where the post is going to get very vague) A hug and a "how are you." Church went on... blah blah blah and it was over. Just like that. It was awkward. I am not going to lie. Not really knowing my place or what to do. Awkward.

Gabby and the boy walked us up the hill to the matatu stop we catch. Everything gets better with time. I am going to see him again tomorrow and the next day. His mom invited me over to their house and I have to go to his work to drop somethings for the kids.

And that's that.
Any questions?

1 comment: