Saturday, January 12, 2013

niche

Every time I come to Kenya it is a different experience. 
This one has no exception to that rule. 

The first time I came, it was all about the boys. Every second of my everyday was dedicated to them. I was obsessed. I knew their every cut, bruise and bump. I needed to be in Kenya for these boys.

The second time I came, I had a good mixture of the boys here at the center and the boys at church. The weekdays were dedicated to the little boys and the weekends were out with the blessed sons of God. I came to Kenya this time to meet and build bonds with the people in the Lucky Summer Ward. 

This time... I have no clue. I am just waiting for the day where I figure out my niche for Kenya 2013. The weekdays are hectic with a mixture of church and the little boys and the weekends are all at the chapel. I am torn. We haven't found a balance yet. I love the boys both young and old but I am just waiting for that moment when I know this is why I came to Kenya. 

I have a moment like that every time I come. 
Hopefully it comes soon. 


1 comment: