Tuesday, January 15, 2013

everyday

Freddie (an 18 year old boys with acute special needs) always tells me:
 "Megan, let's go Nairobi everyday. Mango. Everyday. Nairobi. Nairobi. Nairobi. Mango. Mango. Mango. Everyday!" 

This boy has me figured out before anyone else. Shoot. He nailed it... other then the mango part. I think I have only had 2 or 3 mangoes since I have been here. 

We have been here a total of 16 days and have spent 7 or 8 of them in Nairobi. I told Kaleigh that enough is enough. We will not be going back to Nairobi area or even Thika town until Saturday. 

We walked to the closest supermarket today because Kaleigh wanted to make salsa and we had no chips. Was that an adventure? Yes. 
(On a side note: I can hear the local mosque call me to pray right now) 
They built this supermarket in the time I was gone. This place is lush. 
They even have a little bakery inside. That is a bonus. 

On the walk home we took the dirt path route the whole time instead of the pavement. We straight up were crossing creeks and isha. 
I took a wrong step and dipped my toe in some form of nasty. I doubt if I soaked my toe in bleach the bacteria would go away. The nasty I stepped in does not even compare to the straight up sewage like sludge that Kaleigh  soaked her foot with while in Nairobi. 
Bless her soul. 

The best part of the adventure is when Kaleigh and I started singing about the nasties we meet. It was so funny. I think the most creative nasty I have ever encountered was the brother who asked me to lick his teeth last year. That was bold. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan!!! Calista told be about your blog and I am so excited for you to be in Kenya! Keep blogging--it is so interesting to hear what you are doing. Kesa (go purple!)

    ReplyDelete