Friday, June 8, 2012

race and ethnicity

I am taking a race and ethnicity class. It is so super interesting all the time but lately... holy crap.
I sit there and my mind is just being blown to pieces. What are we learning you ask?

African American history of course.

I LOVE IT.
No joke.

I am sitting here in class and I just can't get enough of learning about Abe Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation. Rosa Parks and Harriett Tubman are blessed daughters of God. I am so grateful for the things that Martin Luther King Jr. did. Pleasy V. Ferguson is just so interesting. They made segregation sound so good and so okay. Then came along Brown vs. the Board of Education and segregation is not okay anymore. All because one little black girl lived in a white neighborhood and wanted to go to school with the people she lived around. I am all about this stuff.

I am just loving class lately. I love black history. I come home and google more information. I hope I am this passionate about the class when we move onto Native American history in a week.

Maybe I need to become an African American activist.
I would love that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I loved learning/reading about the subject. Rosa Parks is amazing. It's amazing how skin color causes so much commotion.

    ReplyDelete