Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mama Will Take Care

I am home from Kenya. I have been home from Kenya for 2 weeks now. 
I'd rather be in Kenya. 
I am dying to go back already. 
It is my every thought.










I miss seeing black people all over the place and being the only white person for miles.
I miss speaking Swahili. No one speaks it in the states.
I miss having a hand to hold where ever I go.
I miss the simplicity. Everyone in the US is so materialistic. 
I miss having the opportunity to serve every second of my day.
I miss cleaning up the blood. 
I miss handing out advil for their aches. 
I miss having a million people to worry about other than myself.
I miss having to protect them. 
I miss their cries.
I miss their laughs. 
I miss Allynne and our jokes. 
I miss having little knocks on my door at all hours of the day.
I miss seeing wild zebra on the side of the road. 
I miss the boys so badly.
I just miss it all.

But lately I have mostly been missing Clinton. 
"Megan, you are the closest thing Clinton will ever have to family. You are his mother he has never had." -Job
(one of the staff who works really closely with the kids)


I love this kid more than anything in the world.
He calls me mom. So, naturally I call him son. 

"Don't worry son... mama will take care of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment