Thursday, March 17, 2011

There is this kid

that has my heart.

His name is Edination Opondo. I would do anything for him. When I first got to Kenya I didn't even notice him because he is super independent. He just does his own thing all the time.

The first memory of him was one day he was walking by our door and we had a glass of mango juice none of us wanted. I offered it to him. He was so grateful.

My second memory of him was one day when they were having dance practice and HOLY COW... this kid has the most awesome pelvic trust I have ever seen in my life. Insta-love.

I don't really know how we got so close. There are a trillion reasons I love him. Everyday I think I find like 234 more.

Take today:
He was helping us clean our floors in our house. We have music playing in the background of course. All the sudden he is just dancing in one room while everyone else is the other room. Once he noticed we were looking he'd stop.
He also does really intense math problems using his fingers, his toes, my fingers, and my toes.
Another thing that happened today was he knocked on the door. Usually this means that the kid wants something out of our house or they are hurt. It was obvious he didn't. I asked him what he wanted and he said just to play with me.
I also love that he constantly reminds me I am going to Satan because I am white. Haha. Good one.
He is the most random kid I have ever met.

I LOVE HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment