Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Play that Funky Music White... girl?

The stake wants me to stay planning and being apart of dances until I die. I swear it. I should have never planned 3 Mormon proms and then I would never have this problem. Last time I was home they ask Kaleigh and I to be the dance photographers and this time I am home they asked me to DJ the dance. Of course I have never DJed a dance before but how could I say no? DJing is like the only part of a dance I have not had total control over before. To top it all off... this dance was on the beach!
Bailey and I prepared and researched all the newest and best songs to dance to. We made quite the master list. These children did not even know what was coming their way. As it always goes, the DJ list was switched around a million times while the dance was going but it all went pretty smoothly except for that one 14 year old boy who told me my music was totally inappropriate but other than that it went great.
Look how many youth showed up! That is really good considering it was only two stakes: Morgan Hill and Saratoga.
Some of Bailey and I's friends showed up to help with the dance. They came the two hours from Concord. 
There are the kids dancing their tail ends off.
And the perfect picture (minus the children of God in the background that need to peace out) to end the night.

If you are wondering everyone tells me it was a success. Who knows, maybe this is my first dance to DJ in a long stream of dances. Hahaha... doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment