Thursday, August 5, 2010

6 Shots Later

I went into the hospital a million times this week and tomorrow I get to go again!

The first reason I was in the hospital was for one of my best friends, Brittany Sims, had her baby this week! He was 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches. (large!) She gave me and 3 of our friends (Hilary, Alexis and Brian) the honor to see her right after the baby was born. Sure enough we spent a few hours in the hospital that day. 


The next day I went back to the hospital. This time it was a scheduled appointment for myself. I basically singed myself up to get more shots than a little baby. I got 6 different shots to protect me from the crazy problems they have in Ethiopia. I'll name them all for you.
Polio
Meningitis
TB
Yellow Fever
H1N1
Hepatitis A  
Phew, that is quite the list. Just when I thought I was all done with 5 and the nurse was cleaning up she remembered that she forgot to give me H1N1. I would rather have the shot then get some funky issue in Ethiopia and end up in their hospitals. The side effects of these shots are awesome. 
This morning I woke up and thought I was going to die. Both of my shoulders feel like they are bruised too, sweet. 

Today I went to the hospital to visit Brittany and the baby again. This time I brought Bailey and we heart attacked her. Brittany was looking a lot more chipper and alive. The baby got a lot of color to his skin and now looks like he is black. Before I was confused if they switched the child with another lady's son.


Tomorrow I get the honor to head back to the hospital again. This time I will be getting my TB test read and picking up typhoid and malaria medication. Yeah! All these shots and medicine only mean I am one step closer to Ethiopia. I also think I will visit Brittany again while I am already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment