Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Bailey (my partner in crime these days) and I ventured out to Utah for the 4th. Naturally we stayed at my Aunt Jill and Uncle Lani's house in Utah. Bailey was given a quick crash course in everyone's names and surprisingly she caught on within a few hours. The first night we didn't do much.

The next day we kind of lounged around forever in PJs because I only brought dirty laundry and it was in the wash. Once my clothes were done Bailey and I decided to take a walk but our plans quickly changed when Uncle Lani handed me the keys to his truck. Our options suddenly became endless. We took the opportunity to drive down Provo Canyon. 


The whole drive down Provo Canyon we were looking for a park to stop at and take pictures/ take a walk. I picked a random park which happened to be connected to a waterfall. This was super exciting. As we were driving up to the waterfall we noticed that people were scaling the front of it! Oh my... how awesome is that. Bailey and I had to scale the front too. Sure we weren't dressed for the occasion but I didn't even care. We scrambled up the front in record time. I nearly witnessed the death of a child when he slipped on some of the rocks.



The hike up the fall was a lot easier then the hike down. I might or might not have slipped a few times and got my bum all dirty. Bailey said it looks like I pooped my pants or something. We jumped into the truck and headed towards Provo. 


I forgot until we actually were in Provo that they were having their Freedom Festival there. We parked near Carson's home and visited him. He was trying to give us some lame excuse about laundry to not come to the festival with us but we taught him a lesson or two on how to be a man and soon enough he was walking around the festival with us. 


Carson could only hang out for a short amount of time so we left him. Next stop on the trip... Provo Temple! As I was driving there Bailey told me that she had never been to the BYU Creamery. Naturally I took her. It also helped that the road I was driving on conveniently was where one of the Creameries was located. We took the ice cream to the temple to eat. 

The temple gates were closed so we had to eat at the parking lot across the street. It was really no big deal. Bailey also had never seen the MTC and if anyone has been to Provo they know that the temple is right across the street from the MTC. We went there and it seriously felt like a safari. We pointed at every missionary like a endangered species or something. We really only drove in the parking lot for like 1 minute or less and then jetted out of there. 


We headed home and filled 100000000 million balloons. Okay, so that might be an over exaggeration but it felt like so much and the whole time Dave and Brandon were pelting me with water. The second I finally felt warm and like I was not going to get hypothermia or something they came back to get me again.  



That night we ate dinner in the backyard and had fireworks when it got dark. After a few sparklers, Bailey and I went and sat out on the top of the roof. It was amazing. We couldn't see any fireworks but there is something about sitting on a roof that the lack of fireworks didn't matter.


Later that night after most people were asleep I had to show everyone the way they carry children in Ethiopia. So I totally made it up but it was fun and KeiLani got to be my child for my example. I am surprised my knees didn't go out or anything.


The next day was Sunday and thank heavens that church was at 1:00 because I did not want to wake up early. We walked to church, went to sacrament meeting and then the marriage class that my uncle teaches. I made sure that I put in my two sense about marriage and how well mine is working out right now. Everyone in that ward was so excited for Bailey to get her mission call. We ditched Relief Society and walked home. 


Bailey went home on Sunday night around 6:00. The next day would be one of the 1st days of this semester that we did not spend together. Lets just say that we both barely made it through the day.


On Monday we floated down the river. It was so so so so so cold. It was even colder than the ocean by my home in California. After floating down the river we came home, I showered and then Jamie took me to Sandy to meet up with my roomie to head back to Rexburg. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment