Saturday, February 6, 2016

Americaland

That plane ride.
Zambia is the middle of no where.

I arrived to America looking like I was smoking pot the whole 36 hours of traveling. My eyes were so blood shot. I was tired.

And that is how it began.

We surprised the littles at school. They didn't know I was coming so soon. Erina seemed more excited than Taleah. We went and got Mexican food.

I don't really remember all that happened. I remember feeling this whole different level of clean. My skin was soft and after I got a pedicure, there are not any words. I felt bougie.

It was Christmas time and shopping during this that time of year is basically my life calling. I hammered it all out in 2 days with my mom. I love shopping for others. I remember eating a lot. I remember being clean and my clothes smelling so good. My hair didn't bother me when it was down and always looked on point.

One night I literally went to bed at 17:00 and woke up at 04:00. I felt wonderful. I was jet lagged.

Christmas was awesome. I got a lot of teaching and running clothes. I also got a lot of things that I lost when I was robbed in Dar. It was just fun to be with my family and friends. Last year was so lonely.

Three days later it was my birthday. On my birthday we went on a hike as the 5 sisters and to Color Me Mine. The day after, we went rock climbing. To end my birthday celebrations a few days later, Dad, me and the 2 littles went on a zip line tour of the redwoods in Felton, to the beach and ice cream. It was so fun.

NYE was spent with Kaleigh and Stephie. We took the free train to San Francisco. We made it just in time to see the fireworks and returned to the train to come home. It was incredible. I might have slept on the train... both ways.

I was back in the bush before I knew it. I am happy here. America was just the reboot I needed.

There were a few weird things about America:
1. Static electricity.
2. Teenage boys are HUGE
3. You don't know when the rain is coming and when it is there, you cannot hear it.
4. It is easy to just ease back into life.
5. The only question people ask:  "How is Africa?"
6. Small children speak good English.
7. Almost everyone speaks English.
8. Mod Pizza is the truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment