Tuesday, February 12, 2013

baking class

I was asked to teach the ladies in the ward how to bake on Saturday. Thanks to the help from my roommate I had an easy peanut butter cookie recipe and I found a good cake recipe online. 


It went really well and I think they feel confident in baking what I taught them. One of the ladies says she has an oven at home and she was going to make the cookies 24-7. 



The hardest part for them was to understand the different measuring cups and trying to figure out what 2 1/4 cups of flour is or something along those lines. After the ladies were done cooking of course the priesthood showed up looking for something sweet to eat. They shared with them. It was seriously such a fun activity. 





Next time I teach them they will learn how to make bread. They are just amazed that I know how to make bread. Little do they know while we wait for the bread to rise we will make ice cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment